Admissions Requirements - MBA
- Rolling admissions with Fall, Spring and Summer start dates.
- Students from any undergraduate major may apply, as long as they have acquired a bachelor's degree prior to the start of classes. Prerequisite courses are not required.
Applications will be processed when they are submitted, although an application cannot be reviewed for a final decision by the Admissions Committee until all materials are submitted:
- Free Online Application including essay
- An official transcript from each college attended
- Current resume
- Official GMAT (code 345-Q9-64) or GRE score *
- Optional - Work Experience and Letters of Recommendations
*GMAT/GRE requirement may be waived if:
- Applicant has of 3+ years of professional work experience (post undergraduate degree).
- Applicant has already completed a master’s or doctoral degree, or has a professional certification (CPA, Six Sigma Black Belt etc.).
- Applicant is a Canisius business or science graduate within the last 5 years - must have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Applicant is a graduate of any STEM Bachelor’s Degree Program within the last five years - must have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Applicant is a graduate of a Business Bachelor’s Degree program from an institution holding AACSB accreditation within the last 5 years - must have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
Additional Requirements for International Students
- Canadian and other international applicants must provide a completed Certification of Finances Form.
- International students who have completed university coursework outside the U.S. and Canada are required to have their transcripts and degrees evaluated by a foreign credential evaluation service such as World Education Services (WES)
- English Language Proficiency Requirement:
TOEFL: 79 IBT or 550 PBT
IELTS: 6.5 overall
CAEL: 70 overall
SAT: Evidence-Based Reading & Writing Score 560+
ACT: English & Reading Test Sections Combined Score 42+
The following applicants are not required to demonstrate English language proficiency with a standardized test:
- Native speakers of English who are citizens of Australia, Canada (except Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, the UK, or South Africa who were also educated entirely in English
- Citizens of Singapore who were educated entirely in English and who achieved a grade of at least “D” in English on the O-Level examination
- Applicants who have completed at least two terms (semesters or quarters) of English composition with grades of “C” or better at an accredited U.S. or Canadian college/university (except Quebec). ESL classes and foundation-level classes are excluded.
- Applicants who have completed a 4 year degree (on campus) at a U.S. college/university are waived from the language proficiency requirement.
All items can be mailed, faxed or emailed to:
Graduate Admissions Office - Lyons Hall 120
2001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14208
Fax - 716-888-3290
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact Us at 1-800-950-2505 or 1-716-888-2545
If you have been an inactive student for two years or more, please complete a Re-admit Form.