M.A., State University College at Buffalo
B.A., State University College at Buffalo
A.A.S., Niagara County Community College
Professor Gansworth teaches Creative Writing and Literature courses. He is an enrolled member of the Onondaga Nation and grew up at the Tuscarora Nation. He's the author of more than ten books of fiction, poetry and memoir/non-fiction. He has also had several dramatic works staged, at various venues, including the Public Theater in New York City. As a visual artist, he generally includes images in his texts and has had numerous solo and group shows. Some work is on long-term loan to the Iroquois Museum. He was selected for a permanent public arts project, LIT CITY, which features banners of individual writers on Washington Street celebrating Buffalo's Literary Legacy. His novel, Give Me Some Truth, was selected for numerous Best Books of 2018 lists, including National Public Radio's Book Concierge, and School Library Journal's Best Books.
- Artist in Residence, Arne Nixon Center, California State University Fresno
- NYFA/NYSCA Individual Artists Fellowship in Fiction.
- Inclusion in LIT CITY, public arts project celebrating Buffalo’s Literary Legacy.
- NEH Distinguished Visiting Professor of Native Studies, Colgate University.
- American Book Award, (Extra Indians)
- PEN Oakland-Josephine Miles Award, (Mending Skins)
- Give Me Some Truth
- If I Ever Get Out of Here
- Extra Indians
- Mending Skins
- A Half-Life of Cardio-Pulmonary Function
- Indian Summers