Admissions Requirements - Higher Education Administration and Student Affairs
The Higher Education and Student Affairs Administration (HESAA) program accepts applications on a rolling admissions basis with specific decision deadlines.
- Complete applications are reviewed by the admissions committee on a rolling basis.
- Students are notified of the admissions decision within two weeks of their review date.
- This program is a Fall start only program for those wishing to take courses full-time.
- Students taking part-time courses may apply for the Fall or Spring.
Full-time cohort applicants should complete the application process and be admitted by February 1st to participate in interviews during Assistantship Day.
Application for admission to the program is open to any qualified holder of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university regardless of undergraduate field of study. Applicants must meet the general requirements for admission to graduate work in the School of Education and Human Services.
As an applicant for admission, you must present evidence of your ability to participate successfully in a graduate-level academic endeavor. In order to be considered for admission, you must submit:
Free Online Application - The application includes a 300 word essay describing your motivation to pursue a degree in Higher Education and Student Affairs Administration. Please explain your desire to complete your Master's degree at Canisius College.
One official undergraduate transcript from each institution attended with the degree posted from the degree granting institution. You must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning to be considered for admission with a minimum G.P.A. of 2.75, 3.0 in major courses.
Additional Requirements for International Students
- Canadian and other international applicants must provide a completed Certification of Finances Form.
- International students who have completed university coursework outside the U.S. and Canada are required to have their transcripts and degrees evaluated by a foreign credential evaluation service such as World Education Services (WES)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score, IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score, or a CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language) score.
TOEFL: 79 IBT or 550 PBT
IELTS: 6.5 overall
CAEL: 70 overall
- Students from Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa are waived from the language proficiency requirement.
- Student who completed a 4 year degree (on campus) at a U.S. college/university are waived from the language proficiency requirement.
Address questions about the program to:
Brandi Banks, Graduate Admissions Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (716) 888-2543.
All items can be mailed, faxed or emailed to:
Graduate Admissions Office - Lyons Hall 120
2001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14208
Fax - 716-888-3290
Email - email@example.com
Questions? Contact Us at 1-800-950-2505 or 1-716-888-2545