Human Resources Mission Statement
As we strive to advance the college’s mission to be the highest quality teaching, research and scholarship institution, the mission of the human resources department is to align with the college’s goals and work through the challenges of our campus community for the well-being of all. We will provide resources that promote a work environment that is characterized by fair treatment, open communication, personal accountability, trust and mutual respect. As business partners, we will seek and provide solutions to workplace issues that support and optimize the strategic operating principles of the college.
We lead by example and strive to improve employee engagement, promote empowerment through professional development, and increase retention while remaining committed to Canisius College. We will act as a catalyst to enable all employees to contribute at optimum levels toward the success of the college.
Working together in a spirit of continuous improvement and collaboration, the Human Resources team contributes to a progressive and productive work environment that meets the challenges of a changing world and values diversity.
Our mission will be accomplished by:
- Ensuring the human resources department staff provide the tools, training and motivation to operate in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Promoting and recruiting the best qualified people, recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the workplace.
- Providing a competitive salary and benefits package and developing the full potential of our workforce by providing professional development for career enhancement.
- Providing a work atmosphere that is safe, healthy, and secure and conscious of long-term family and community goals.
- Establishing comprehensive policies and procedures, rules and compliant practices that treat employees with dignity and equality while maintaining compliance.
- In support of the college's principles, values, vision and mission, human resources will empower employees in support of achievement of the college’s strategic goals through its most valuable resource - its PEOPLE.