Digital Media Arts
The Digital Media Arts (DMA) Program at Canisius College is on the cutting edge of graphic design, web design, digital filmmaking and game design. With hands-on courses and state of the art equipment, the DMA major prepares students to enter a fast-paced and highly creative industry.
Study in a core set of courses and choose your concentration to specialize in web design, graphic design, digital filmmaking or game design. The program focuses on the converging fields of digital design, animation, video and interactive media. Your coursework is hands-on using state-of-the-art technology including 2D and 3D software and high definition (HD) video equipment.
The program is ideal for dual majors to combine DMA with communication studies, entrepreneurship and marketing, computer science, fine arts, music and others.
Why Study Digital Media Arts at Canisius?
- Enter a dynamic, challenging and highly rewarding field with wide range of career opportunities
- Produce film projects that receive international, national and local acclaim in our Video Institute
- Work with new HD video equipment and motion capture system
- Design cutting-edge websites that work across different devices and screen sizes
- Design games and simulations for personal computers, mobile devices and virtual reality systems
The DMA internship, an integral part of the program, places students in local or national organizations and helps them gain valuable work experience and build an impressive portfolio of work.
hands-on approach to learning in cutting edge DMA facilities
Extended Learning Opportunities
Students in the DMA program have numerous opportunities to engage in theoretical and applied research with faculty and third-party institutions. Our faculty is highly engaged in the local community of designers, artists, developers and filmmakers, and as a result our students can take advantage of opportunities to learn and practice real-world skills and collaborate with professionals in their area of interest.