Thank you for visiting our site. This statement discloses the privacy practices for the Canisius College website and any related offline print and electronic publications. By using our site or one of our offline print or electronic publications, you agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this statement. If you do not agree to the terms of this statement, then please do not use the site or such publications. BY USING THIS SITE, YOU AGREE TO OUR COLLECTION, USE AND MAINTENANCE OF YOUR INFORMATION IN THE UNITED STATES. If you are visiting the Site from a location outside of the United States, your connection will be through and to servers located in the United States. All information you provide will be processed and securely maintained in our web servers and internal systems located within the United States. If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Statement, please send us an e-mail (email@example.com) Contact us by mail at 2001 Main Street, Buffalo NY 14208-1517.
Definitions and interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to Canisius College via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
Credit & Debit Card Data
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties;
a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
UK and EU Cookie Law
the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Canisius College and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Canisius College and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, canisius.edu, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
Collection of Information
All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
2. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current US, UK and EU Cookie Law.
3. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Canisius College to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
4. This Website may place the following Cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
1. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
2. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalization settings.
3. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Canisius College is the “data controller”. We will retain any Data you submit for 12 months.
We may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes: (1) to fulfill your requests for products and services; (2) to provide you with targeted offers, Site content and advertising on the Site; (3) to contact you with information and promotional materials and offers from our company as well as from our affiliates, other related companies, educational institutions, marketing partners and other third parties, if you have agreed to receive such communications; (4) to contact you when necessary; (5) to review Site and product usage and operations; (6) to address problems with the Site, our business or our products and services; and (7) to protect the security or integrity of the Site and our business.
Users who have opted in through our online and offline registration forms can opt out of receiving future communications from us. Users may also request removal directly from our partners at any time in the future. We make every effort to honor their request; however, we expressly disclaim responsibility for the actions of partners or other third parties beyond our control. To remove information from our database, users can send us an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or contact us by mail at 2001 Main Street, Buffalo NY 14208-1517. You may also use the opt-out mechanism that is contained in each email.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Canisius College.
To access, correct or request that we make no further use of your personal information, please send us an e-mail email@example.com or contact us by mail at 2001 Main Street, Buffalo NY 14208-1517.
Controlling use of your Data
Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
1. use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
2. sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
1. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Third party websites and services
Canisius College may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Canisius College has taken certain physical, electronic, contractual and managerial steps to safeguard and secure your personal information. It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your Site account information, including your password, and you are responsible for all use of the Site accessed through it. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other actual or suspected breach of Site security. You may report suspected violations to the Webmaster at the address listed above.
We do not direct the Site to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under thirteen.
3. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, the practices of the Site, or dealings with the Site or with us, contact:
2001 Main Street, Buffalo NY 14208-1517
Phone: (716) 883-7000