Canisius Presidential Search Committee
The selection of the president is among the Board of Trustees’ and Search Committee's most important responsibilities and he community's feedback will be integral throughout the search.
About the Chair
Board of Trustee member, Frank M. Lazarus, ’66 PhD is Chair of the Presidential Search Committee. Dr. Lazarus has a distinguished academic career and is president emeritus of the University of Dallas where he served from 2004-09. Prior that he was the provost and vice president for academic affairs at the University of San Diego and vice president for academic affairs at Marquette University, both Jesuit institutions. He retired from higher education in 2014 following four years of service as provost and vice president of academic affairs at Assumption College. A 1966 alumnus of Canisius College where he concentrated on classical languages and philosophy, he holds the Master of Arts (MA, 1968) degree and the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD, 1972) degree in classical languages from Cornell University.
Search Committee Members
- Catherine A. Bolz ’85, MBA ’89, Board of Trustees, Independent Consultant & Advisor
- Martin J. Berardi ’79, Board of Trustees, CEO of Schutte-Buffalo Hammermill
- Hamilton E. (Mick) Cochrane, PhD, Chair and Professor of English
- Alyssa Hope Ann Deacon ’22, Student
- Kristin E. Finn, PhD, Professor of Teacher Education
- Julie Anna M. Golebiewski '04, PhD, Associate Professor of Economics & Finance
- Anthony M. Kroese '14, JD, Alumni Association President, Attorney, Goldberg Segalla, LLP
- Francis M. Lazarus '66, PhD, Board of Trustees, Search Committee Chair
- Connie M. Pileri ’92, MS ’93, Assistant Dean for Student Affairs,
- Fatima L. Rodriguez-Johnson, MS ’98, Associate Dean for Diversity & Inclusion
- David Sheets, PhD, Professor of Physics and Quantitative Sciences
- Cynthia L. Skrzycki ’76, Board of Trustees, Senior Lecturer at University of Pittsburgh
- Rev. Thomas R. Slon, SJ, Board of Trustees, Rector of the Canisius Jesuit Community
- Lillie V. Wiley-Upshaw ’91, Board of Trustees, Former Vice Dean for Student Engagement and Inclusion, University at Buffalo Law School
- Lee C. Wortham ’79, Board of Trustees Immediate Past Chair, COO of Barrantys LLC
About the Search Firm
AGB Search offers executive search, interim search, and compensation evaluation services exclusively for higher education institutions. Founded by the Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges (AGB) in 2010, AGB Search works with public and private colleges and universities, university systems, and related associations and foundations to provide an array of services to support leadership recruitment and development. Learn more here.