Canisius offers a number of merit-based and specialized scholarships to recognize students with outstanding academic performance and other achievements. Last year, more than $45 million in academic merit scholarships was awarded to the incoming freshman class. See the full list of available scholarships and if you qualify. Our financial aid representatives are available to assist with questions.
Scholarships: Smart Search Tips
- Begin your search early and meet all deadlines.
- Apply for every scholarship for which you’re eligible.
- Follow directions and provide all requested items.
- List all activities and honors, highlighting those that are relevant to the scholarship.
- Write an essay that makes a strong impression using personal examples.
- Choose references who know you well.
- Choose scholarship searches where you can get the information you need at no charge.
- Avoid companies that “guarantee” scholarships or charge a fee.
- Never provide confidential or personal information to unfamiliar organizations.