The Griff Pledge
Making the Canisius College campus safe is a shared commitment, and so Canisius is requiring that every member our community take the Griff Pledge, which demonstrates that we are all working together to protect one another from Covid-19. As a member of the Canisius College community, students, faculty and staff commit to the following:
- Rigorously practice hand hygiene by washing or disinfecting hands while on campus and after any interaction with other classmates, employees, or other constituents.
- Practice proper cough and sneeze etiquette.
- Maintain at least six feet separation from other individuals.
- Wear a face covering (over the nose and mouth) for your protection and others. On campus, face coverings are required in all common spaces in buildings including classrooms, conference spaces, hallways, bathrooms, and lounges.
- Continuously self-screen for the Covid-19 symptoms listed above. If symptoms are present, students should notify the Director of Student Health at 716-888-2612 and return to their home or to their room if living on campus. Employees should contact their supervisor and either remain home or leave work immediately. Limit contact with other individuals on campus and contact your healthcare provider for further guidance.
- Keep meetings to 50 people or less and spread out to at least six feet. Utilize Zoom for meetings when needed to maintain social distancing.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation in offices, classrooms, common areas and restrooms through removal of unnecessary personal items and debris to create clean counter spaces and support of cleaning efforts on common surfaces. If additional cleaning is needed, please contact Facilities Management.
Any member of the community who comes onto the campus must sign the Griff Pledge prior to coming to campus for the start of the academic year. Failure to sign the Griff Pledge will be considered a violation of the college’s community standards.