Admissions Requirements - MBA with Professional Accounting
- Rolling admissions with fall start only.
- Students from any undergraduate major may apply, as long as they have acquired a bachelor's degree prior to the start of classes. Prerequisite courses are not required.
- Full time program with all accounting courses offered only during the day. General MBA courses are offered in the evening, with some available during the day.
- Applicants with an undergraduate business degree from the last seven years may qualify for course waivers. Foundation courses only. Must meet specific grade and course qualifications.
Applications will be processed when they are submitted, although an application cannot be reviewed for a final decision by the Admissions Committee until all materials are submitted. :
- Free Online Application including essay
- An official transcript from each college attended
- Current resume
- Official GMAT (code 345-Q9-67) or GRE score *
- Optional - Work Experience and Letters of Recommendations
*GMAT/GRE requirement can be waived for MBA Professional Accounting program if:
- Applicant has of 3+ years of professional work experience (post undergraduate degree).
- Applicant has already completed a master’s or doctoral degree, or has a professional certification (CPA, Six Sigma Black Belt etc.).
- Applicant is a Canisius business or science graduate within the last 5 years - must have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Applicant is a graduate of any STEM Bachelor’s Degree Program within the last five years - must have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Applicant is a graduate of a Business Bachelor’s Degree program from an institution holding AACSB accreditation within the last 5 years - must have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
Additional Requirements for International Students
- Canadian and other international applicants must provide a completed Certification of Finances Form.
- International students who have completed university coursework outside the U.S. and Canada are required to have their transcripts and degrees evaluated by a foreign credential evaluation service such as World Education Services (WES)
- English Language Proficiency Requirement:
TOEFL: 79 IBT or 550 PBT
IELTS: 6.5 overall
CAEL: 70 overall
SAT: Evidence-Based Reading & Writing Score 560+
ACT: English & Reading Test Sections Combined Score 42+
The following applicants are not required to demonstrate English language proficiency with a standardized test:
- Native speakers of English who are citizens of Australia, Canada (except Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, the UK, or South Africa who were also educated entirely in English
- Citizens of Singapore who were educated entirely in English and who achieved a grade of at least “D” in English on the O-Level examination
- Applicants who have completed at least two terms (semesters or quarters) of English composition with grades of “C” or better at an accredited U.S. or Canadian college/university (except Quebec). ESL classes and foundation-level classes are excluded.
- Applicants who have completed a 4 year degree (on campus) at a U.S. college/university are waived from the language proficiency requirement.
All items can be mailed, faxed or emailed to:
Graduate Admissions Office - Lyons Hall 120
2001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14208
Fax - 716-888-3290
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact Us at 1-800-950-2505 or 1-716-888-2545
If you have been an inactive student for two years or more, please complete a Re-Admit form.