Campus Ministry COVID-19 Information
Campus Ministry is a community made up of people like you. During these days when we're physically distant from one another, our relationships remain strong. There's still many ways to engage with Campus Ministry, from one-on-one conversations with a member of our team, to online retreat offerings, daily scripture reflections on Instagrams, Google Hangout small groups that you can do from your own couch. We remain committed more than ever to being your companions.
Stay in touch with us through our website, our social media and our personal emails.
The Ignatian Solidarity Network invites you to their virtual Solidarity on Tap on Wednesday, April 1 at 9PM ET/6PM PT. Featured guest will be Fr. Greg Boyle, S.J. talking about Kinship in this age of the Coronavirus. Enjoy virtual fellowship with the Ignatian network and hear powerful justice reflections from the network—from a screen near you
Other Spiritual Resources
- The CoronaVirus Response Examen - by IgnatianSpirituality.net
- Spiritual Support During Covid-19 - by Becky Eldredge
- Daily Mass Readings (click on the date on the calendar to the right)
- Daily Reflections - by the Irish Jesuits.
- The Diocese of Buffalo Spiritual Resources
Volunteer Opportunities during COVID19
The New Buffalo Institute has created a list of ways to support our larger community while recognizing the need for social distancing.
Calls for Volunteers: Please consider how you might be able to assist in this time of challenge. Some call for in-person volunteer opportunities. We respect your individual decision-making and assessment of personal risk in engaging in these opportunities to support organizations that remain open and serving local residents and families.
Donations: Consider donating to one of the emergency funds below to support our neighbors. If you have additional ideas for how to offer support, please send suggestions to email@example.com for distribution via social media and future updates.
- Help a Small Business - Women’s Business Center at Canisius College Advice for small businesses in these times.
- Buffalo Mutual Aid Network -- posting needs for food, rent, unemployment information and offers of assistance.
- Harvest House - Seeking donations for diapers (sizes newborn and 1), wipes and formula. Also sewing face masks, pattern available.
- Nativity Miguel –looking for ways for tutors to remain in touch with students, if you are interested, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- WNY STEM Hub - volunteers to sew face masks and 3D print face shields.
- GoBike - created a courier program for deliveries to those in need.
- Queen City Couriers. Make donations or indicate you have a need.
- City Year Buffalo is trying to support their AmeriCorps members working from home. They ask volunteers to provide one hour of email@example.com.
- Check in on your neighbors, especially those who are older.
If you do not have a phone number, consider leaving a note with your contact information in the mailbox or on the door, or talking through the door to see if they need support in accessing services or food
More Basic Needs
http://www.volunteerwny.org/ Organized by the United Way and the Service Collaborative of WNY
Buffalo Mutual Aid Network
Follow the needs and responses thread on Buffalo Mutual Aid Network, sign up to provide whatever you can. https://www.facebook.com/groups/740052889874229/
Buffalo Solidarity Relief Fund (direct peer to peer cash aid)
http://bit.ly/Buffalo Solidarity Support
Funding for the Mutual Support Network program
WNY Covid-19 Community Response Fund
Join 22 local foundations in assisting those who are working tirelessly to meet the needs of people affected by COVID-19.
Visit FeedMore WNY for a list of active food pantries
NY Immigration Freedom
This fundraiser goes toward bailing people out of immigration detention.
Family Promise WNY
List of donations requested
Articles from Jesuit Resources on the Covid-19 Crisis
- A Coronavirus Prayer by Kerry Weber
- Pope Francis tells Italian Newspaper: "I asked the Lord to stop the epidemic." by Gerard O'Connell
- The Good and Beautiful things I've seen amid the Coronavirus Pandemic by Simcha Fisher
- Faith in the Time of the Coronavirus by Fr. James Martin, S.J.
- Camus, Community and coronavirus: What I've learned from Self-Quaranitine by Fr. Matt Malone, S.J.
- A Meditation for the Anxious During COVID-19: by Eric Clayton
- Spirituality in a Time of Quarantine by Fr. Thomas Reese, S.J.