Programs offered in the School of Education and Human Services are designed to prepare socially committed professionals for careers in education, administration, counseling, health and wellness and sports-related fields. Students receive quality instruction, individualized attention and mentoring from expert-level faculty. Strategic placements in classrooms, clinics and organizations provide students with supervised, practical experience and training to further develop the knowledge and skills needed in their chosen career path.
Becoming a Teacher
- Adolescence Education- Undergraduate
- Physical Education and Health
- Special Education/Childhood Education
- Bilingual Education Extension (online)
- Differentiated Instruction
- Educational Leadership and Supervision (leads to SBL and SDL)
- Instructional Technologies and Curriculum Design (online)
- Literacy Education (online)
- Physical Education (online)
- Special Education (Advanced)
- Teaching Students with Disabilities - Childhood
- Teaching Students with Disabilities - Adolescence
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) (online)
Higher Education Administration
Welcome from the Dean
Welcome to the School of Education and Human Services. We offer nationally recognized programs in education, administration, counseling, and specialized allied health fields that prepare students to pursue rewarding and purposeful careers. Our programs are well known for their small class sizes and for the personalized attention students receive from expert faculty. Quality placements in classrooms and organizations throughout the region provide valuable practical training to prepare students for professional roles.
The School of Education and Human Services is home to four departments (Counseling and Human Services, Teacher Education and Leadership, Kinesiology, and Physician Assistant Studies. We offer 8 undergraduate majors, 27 graduate programs, along with multiple certifications, extensions, and advanced certificates of study.
The School of Education and Human Services is also home to the Center for Urban Education. Aligned to our Jesuit mission, the Center for Urban Education works for and with community stakeholders dedicated to quality educational experiences in historically underserved communities, in the pursuit of social justice.
I invite you to explore our website, contact us to schedule a time to speak to me, or one of my colleagues, to learn how our programs can prepare you for a life and career of purpose, leadership and service.
Nancy Wallace, Ph.D